Your skin is a resillient organ, but under certain conditions, it can develop various types of rashes. At Madison Skin & Laser Center, we offer an array of effective treatments for Seattle rashes of various types. A skin rash can appear as a change in the texture or color of your skin and may appear raised, red, scaly, bumpy, or irritated.
Types of skin rashes in Seattle
- Rosacea: Rosacea is characterized by reddened skin, which can appear and fade away, again and again. The symptoms include flushing, red bumps, reddened facial skin, dry skin, and sensitive skin.
- Impetigo: This rash often affects children and can appear around the mouth, nose, and chin. It is uncomfortable and irritating, involving rash and blisters that crust over. It is caused by bacteria and needs a culture done.
- Contact dermatitis: This skin rash develops after the skin has contacted some type of allergen, whether plant-based, soaps or other substances. The skin becomes itchy, red, and may become raw or scaly.
- Eczema: A rash that resembles a burn, eczema leaves your skin scaly and raw, itchy, and red. Eczema most often appears on the hands and forearms but may present on other body areas, appearing yellow, white, or scaly, red, itchy, or oily.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis appears as a scaly, silver-colored rash and appears most often on the scalp, knees, elbows, or lower back regions. It can be uncomfortable and itchy.
- Cellulitis: This skin rash is caused by bacteria entering the skin structure through a cut or crack on the surface of your skin. It appears red and swollen and often spreads rapidly. The rash is typically painful and feels hot to the touch.
Why choose us?
If you or a family member has developed a visible, uncomfortable skin rash, you need to have the rash evaluated and treated – effectively. At Madison Skin & Laser Center, our board-certified dermatologist and team can provide professional diagnosis and treatment that brings you relief. As a rash can worsen if not treated, a dermatologist should evaluate any rash that continues for more than one or two days, so do not hesitate. Schedule a consultation, to receive some of the best rash treatments Seattle has to offer.