Why get your Botox in Seattle at Madison Skin & Laser Center? Read about the difference between average Botox and great Botox at Dr. Irwin’s dermatology office.
What is BOTOX?
The BOTOX basics:
- BOTOX is a neuromodulator that relaxes muscles by blocking the signals from specific nerves that cause facial muscle contractions.
- BOTOX is produced by a specific bacterium known as clostridium botulinum.
- When BOTOX is injected to relax wrinkles, it needs to be very accurately injected to smooth wrinkles without creating a frozen, unnatural look.
BOTOX has a proven history of safety and effectiveness that outshines its competitors, especially when your age-defying treatment is performed by our expert injectors at Madison Skin & Laser Center in Seattle.
Why get your Botox at Dr. Irwin’s medical office in Seattle?
There is a huge difference between average Botox and great Botox. Average Botox gives the same standard injections to everyone. If you have frown lines, you will get the same four or five injections that everyone gets for their frown lines. The Best Botox, in contrast, gives you a customized set of injections designed to relax the muscles that cause wrinkles while still allowing your face some natural movement.
When can I expect to see the results?
You can expect to see the results developing within the first three days with full results developing after seven days. If you have an event planned and you would like to have the results from your treatment fully developed, then you should schedule your Seattle BOTOX treatment to occur minimally two weeks in advance. Scheduling in advance will allow time for the results to develop and any additional treatments to be administered prior to your event.
How long will the results last?
The results from BOTOX can last up to three to four months on patients new to BOTOX treatments. If you are regularly treated with BOTOX, your results may last longer, up to six months. As your muscles become conditioned to being treated with BOTOX and in a relaxed state, the smooth look could last longer. Regular maintenance treatments can help you to continue to enjoy a refreshed, youthful look.
How often should I get BOTOX?
You can have BOTOX as often as needed, whether you want to smooth away lines and creases, or refresh your previous results. Most patients schedule treatments three to four times a year. Once your muscles have become more conditioned to their relaxed state then you may only require two to three treatments per year to maintain your results.
How will my injector customize my Botox?
At your appointment our expert providers will ask you about your goals for your face. They will ask you to move your face so that they can study how the underlying muscles change your skin to form wrinkles. Using years of experience and injection skill, they will then customize your injections to take years off your face without giving you that “frozen” look.
Dysport is an innovative neuromodulator that offers similar benefits and results to BOTOX, and may have enhanced results for some individuals. Dysport is FDA-approved to temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles and creases between your eyes and on your forehead (including unsightly frown lines).
The benefits of Dysport
When it comes to a treatment designed to restore a more youthful, natural appearance, there is nothing more important than the results. The benefits of Dysport include:
- Natural-looking, beautiful results that restore your native facial expression
- Long-lasting results, with many patients enjoying the benefits of Dysport for up to four or five months
- Easy, virtually painless injection procedure with no downtime
- Results generally appear within 3-5 after treatment, with some patients reporting that the results appear a few days sooner than those available from BOTOX
- By treating your skin with Dysport, you help halt the progression of wrinkles being etched into your skin
Who is a candidate for Dysport?
If you are dissatisfied with deep creases on your forehead and between your brows, you are a likely candidate for Dysport in Seattle. Anyone who has had BOTOX and finds the results less satisfactory over time, or who doesn't achieve ideal results with BOTOX may find that could Dysport perform better.
The difference between BOTOX and Dysport
Both Dysport and BOTOX are products derived from botulism toxin, but the chemical makeup of both products varies distinctly. Some of the key differences include:
- Some patients report their treatments Dysport provide longer-lasting results
- Those who suffer adverse reactions from BOTOX may not experience those effects with Dysport
- Dysport may be less expensive than BOTOX depending on your provider, making it a viable alternative for those who desire routine treatments
If you are considering cosmetic injections to restore a more youthful, aesthetic facial appearance, see us today to discuss your options and see which product best suits your needs!
Want more in-depth information on Botox?
BOTOX is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc.