Skin Cancer Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
At Madison Skin & Laser Center our primary concern is your skin health!
If you have a spot you are concerned about, please schedule a focused spot check. Our experienced skin care providers will make a diagnosis and, if necessary, take a biopsy of the spot.
We provide help with prevention:
- Education on how to prevent skin cancers and what to look for, sunscreen options, protective clothing and other options for high risk patients;
- Skin cancer screenings at regular intervals as recommended by your doctor or PA-C;
- Review of your particular risk profile;
- Photographs if needed to provide more accurate exams.
We provide early diagnosis by:
- Regular full-body skin exams if needed;
- Access to a PA-C or doctor in a timely manner if a specific spot is changing;
- Biopsies as indicated.
We provide treatments for precancerous spots including:
- Liquid nitrogen for discreet spots;
- Short contact topical prescriptions for larger areas;
- Light therapy options and/or peels as needed;
- Topical vitamin A creams for prevention.
We provide skin cancer treatments including:
- Excisions of skin cancers;
- Curretage and electrodessication for superficial skin cancers if appropriate;
- Injections and topical treatments for certain superficial skin cancers,
- Referral to a Mohs Specialist if needed.
Excisions of superficial skin cancers, and pre-cancerous spot treatments are done in our clinic. If you require Mohs Skin Cancer Surgery, we will refer you to The Skin Surgery Center in the Nordstrom Tower, just across the sky bridge from our office.
Drs. Peter Odland, Annalisa Gorman and Linda Chang are Mohs micrographic surgery specialists. They are diplomates of the American Board of Dermatology and Fellows in the American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology. When we refer you, they will schedule a consultation appointment to discuss your condition and options for treatment, establish a plan specific to your needs, and educate you completely about the Mohs process.